Zanzibar day tours
Explore all the wonders on offer with one of the many Zanzibar day tours on offer, from historical tours to enjoying the warm Indian Ocean.
Zanzibar Stone Town tour
This is a wonderful introduction to Zanzibar and gives you a feeling of the rich cultural heritage. One gets a comprehensive view of the history of Stone Town, the magnificent architecture, narrow alleys, and the sand and stone ancient built houses where some of them are over 200 years old that have Arab/Indian carved doors.
The tour starts at the main City market which was opened in 1904, where tropical fruits, vegetables, spices and fresh fish from the island are sold. Our next stop will be at the Anglican Church of Christ built by Bishop Steers in 1873 on the site where slaves used to be auctioned.
Other highlights of our historical stone town tours are visits to:
- Sultan’s Palace Museum – Built in the late 1890’s for members of the Sultan’s family.
- House of Wonders – Built in 1883 as a Royal ceremonial function Palace.
- The Africa House formerly the English Club.
- Forodhani Park where you spend your evenings leisurely watching the African sunset while you are enjoying the locally made dishes.
- Visit of the Old Fort – Built by Arabs for defense against the Portuguese.
Highly recommended beach resorts to stay at while on Zanzibar includes, Diamonds Mapenzi Beach, My Blue Hotel Zanzibar, Sandies Baobab Beach Zanzibar, Karafuu Beach Resort and Spa Zanzibar, Sea Cliff Resort and Spa Zanzibar, Diamonds La Gemma dell ‘Est Zanzibar, Neptune Pwani Beach Resort and Spa Zanzibar, Gold Zanzibar Beach House and Spa Zanzibar and many more!
Copyright © 2005 – 2019 Dream World Adventures.