Marangu Route Kilimanjaro
7 Night stay, from only:
Marangu Route Kilimanjaro
For travel in 2023, from R30,750.00 pps.*
Prices are for per person sharing, valid for travel in 2023, early booking discounts included, indication prices only, enquire for updated quotes, subject to availability at time of booking.
Let us provide you with a free quote for this great Kilimanjaro adventure package!
The Marangu route on Kilimanjaro is the most comfortable route of all, since you will not have to camp in tents at each end of the day, which is one of the advantages of this route. In comparison with the other routes, the distance covered on each day, except for the summit attempt, is shorter than on the other routes. Three permanent hut installations accommodate hikers on this route. The huts are communal, and each bunk has a sponge mattress and pillow. Solar panels installed at the huts providing light for the evening. There are 60 beds at the Mandara and Kibo hut and 120 beds at the Horombo hut. Bathrooms and running water are available at the two lower huts (Mandara and Horombo) and basic latrines at the last hut (Kibo). All climbing groups on the Marangu route share breakfast and evening meals in a dining hut adding a great atmosphere. The Marangu route can be done in a minimum five days, but is recommended to be used as a six day route for more acclimatization. Due to the comfort up to base camp at Kibo huts, this route is also known as the Coca-Cola route
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro International airport in Tanzania to Hotel Springlands (or similar) in Moshi on arrival.
- Transfer from Hotel Springlands to Kilimanjaro International airport on departure.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Moshi(1 night before & 1 night after the climb), on a bed & breakfast (based on shared occupancy).
- Dinner at the hotel after completion of your climb.
- Transfer from Moshi to the Kilimanjaro National Park gate – starting point of your trek.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro National Park gate to Moshi – upon completion of your trek.
- All Kilimanjaro National Park fees & government taxes, climbing permits & camping/hut fees.
- Rescue fees for emergency evacuation from the mountain.
- Guides and porters salaries (Only qualified guides are used on each trek).
- All meals on the mountain that includes hot drinks, this also includes all eating utensils.
- All camping equipment, this includes tents, camp chairs & hikers sleeping mattress.
- On successful completion of your expedition you will receive a unique Kilimanjaro certificate issued by the Tanzanian National Park.
- Guide carries a pulse oximeter.
- Guide will carry a portable oxygen canister – to be used in emergency situations only!
- All package prices above are per person sharing and for indication only.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to exchange rate fluctuations or factors out of our control and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- For updated logistics package prices, please complete the enquiry form on the page below.
- Our Kilimanjaro package prices above exclude flights due to the fact that there are several flight options to get you to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Flights from Johannesburg currently vary between R7 500-R12 000 per person return and will depend on your preferred travel dates and airline choice (we will suggest the most suitable flight schedule option for a workable itinerary).
View more info on the Marangu Route on Kilimanjaro
More Kilimanjaro adventure packages on offer