Rongai Route Kilimanjaro
7 Night stay, from only:
Rongai Route Kilimanjaro
For travel in 2023, from R33,090.00 pps.*
Prices are for per person sharing, valid for travel in 2023, early booking discounts included, indication prices only, enquire for updated quotes, subject to availability at time of booking.
Let us provide you with a free quote for this great Kilimanjaro adventure package!
The Rongai Route – A less populated start from the northern side of Kilimanjaro
The Rongai route begins on the northern side of Kilimanjaro, on the Kenyan border, and is the least-travelled route.
The drive to the starting point of your adventure, the Naru Moru Village, is lengthy one) and winds through numerous coffee plantations and villages.
The route converges with the Marangu Route at Kibo Hut and descends along this route.
This route can be completed in six or more days. Accommodation on the Rongai route will be in tents.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro International airport in Tanzania to Hotel Springlands (or similar) in Moshi on arrival.
- Transfer from Hotel Springlands to Kilimanjaro International airport on departure.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Moshi(1 night before & 1 night after the climb), on a bed & breakfast (based on shared occupancy).
- Dinner at the hotel after completion of your climb.
- Transfer from Moshi to the Kilimanjaro National Park gate – starting point of your trek.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro National Park gate to Moshi – upon completion of your trek.
- All Kilimanjaro National Park fees & government taxes, climbing permits & camping/hut fees.
- Rescue fees for emergency evacuation from the mountain.
- Guides and porters salaries (Only qualified guides are used on each trek).
- All meals on the mountain that includes hot drinks, this also includes all eating utensils.
- All camping equipment, this includes tents, camp chairs & hikers sleeping mattress.
- On successful completion of your expedition you will receive a unique Kilimanjaro certificate issued by the Tanzanian National Park.
- Guide carries a pulse oximeter.
- Guide will carry a portable oxygen canister – to be used in emergency situations only!
- All package prices above are per person sharing and for indication only.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to exchange rate fluctuations or factors out of our control and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- For updated logistics package prices, please complete the enquiry form on the page below.
- Our Kilimanjaro package prices above exclude flights due to the fact that there are several flight options to get you to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Flights from Johannesburg currently vary between R7 500-R12 000 per person return and will depend on your preferred travel dates and airline choice (we will suggest the most suitable flight schedule option for a workable itinerary).
View more info on the Rongai Route on Kilimanjaro
More Kilimanjaro adventure packages on offer