Machame Route Kilimanjaro
7 Night stay, from only:
Machame Route Kilimanjaro
For travel in 2023, from R31,890.00 pps.*
Prices are for per person sharing, valid for travel in 2023, early booking discounts included, indication prices only, enquire for updated quotes, subject to availability at time of booking.
Let us provide you with a free quote for this great Kilimanjaro adventure package!
Our all-time favorate the Machame route is the most scenic route on Kilimanjaro.
The Machame route allows you to experience the southwest and south side of Kilimanjaro, traversing up and down and over river valleys on the southern slopes (this increases the body’s ability to naturally acclimatize more properly and increase your chance for success). All equipment and supplies are carried by porters and a cook prepares all your meals. Meals are served in a dinner tent or on a blanket outside. From late afternoon sunsets on the Shira Plateau, to the misty revelations of Kilimanjaro great Barranco Wall, the Machame Route offers hikers a continuous scenic slide show. The Machame route is also referred to as the “Whiskey Route”.
The Machame route is highly recommended for experiencing high altitude mountaineering for the first time. A minimum of 6 days on Mount Kilimanjaro is needed, but for more comfort and to increase your chance of success, 7 days are recommended. Accommodation on this route will be in tents, included in the package, and the porters will pitch your tent for you.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro International airport in Tanzania to Hotel Springlands (or similar) in Moshi on arrival.
- Transfer from Hotel Springlands to Kilimanjaro International airport on departure.
- 2 Nights hotel accommodation in Moshi(1 night before & 1 night after the climb), on a bed & breakfast (based on shared occupancy).
- Dinner at the hotel after completion of your climb.
- Transfer from Moshi to the Kilimanjaro National Park gate – starting point of your trek.
- Transfer from Kilimanjaro National Park gate to Moshi – upon completion of your trek.
- All Kilimanjaro National Park fees & government taxes, climbing permits & camping/hut fees.
- Rescue fees for emergency evacuation from the mountain.
- Guides and porters salaries (Only qualified guides are used on each trek).
- All meals on the mountain that includes hot drinks, this also includes all eating utensils.
- All camping equipment, this includes tents, camp chairs & hikers sleeping mattress.
- On successful completion of your expedition you will receive a unique Kilimanjaro certificate issued by the Tanzanian National Park.
- Guide carries a pulse oximeter.
- Guide will carry a portable oxygen canister – to be used in emergency situations only!
- All package prices above are per person sharing and for indication only.
- Prices are subject to change without prior notice due to exchange rate fluctuations or factors out of our control and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
- For updated logistics package prices, please complete the enquiry form on the page below.
- Our Kilimanjaro package prices above exclude flights due to the fact that there are several flight options to get you to Kilimanjaro International Airport (JRO).
- Flights from Johannesburg currently vary between R7 500-R12 000 per person return and will depend on your preferred travel dates and airline choice (we will suggest the most suitable flight schedule option for a workable itinerary).
View more info on the Machame Route on Kilimanjaro
More Kilimanjaro adventure packages on offer